You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase alcohol. An adult must be present upon delivery to sign for your package.
Excluded Shipping Destinations
WE CAN ONLY SHIP TO:
Alaska, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Wyoming.
WE CAN NOT SHIP TO:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Please Note: While we try to ship out all orders on the same business day, some orders placed after 1:00PM PST might not ship until the following business day. Some orders may also take additional business days to ship.
Shipping Price Guide
The shipping charges on our website are calculated directly through UPS and are up to date with the most recent rates, which do fluctuate based upon various factors including number of bottles purchased, shipping address (Residential vs. Commercial), distance to destination, shipping method selected, and even extraneous circumstances. Hamilcar Imports recommends shipping to a commercial address when available for additional savings and a smooth delivery. UPS will automatically determine if address is Commercial vs. Residential based on USPS data. We do not ship any items in their original boxes to ensure the safety of the item and accuracy of shipping weight. We ship by ground or air. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
All of our shipping materials are fully reusable and recyclable. You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages from K&L Wine Merchants. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that you will have to be present at the time of delivery.
Unless you live on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. We do not make any additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
– Unfortunately, we cannot ship to PO Boxes, freight forwarders, APO/FPO addresses, or internationally.
– We can ship to a home or business address; however we PREFER to ship to a business address where someone will be available to sign or to a UPS Store location where pickup at the recipient’s convenience for up to a week.
– Although we are usually able to ship your order on the same day, occasionally, demand for limited supplies will deplete our stock of a particular item. If this is the case, the item will be placed on backorder, and we will notify you via e-mail. If you would like to receive the item when it becomes available, your credit card will be charged for the item only when it is shipped.
– Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver shall be refunded for the amount of the product ONLY. The shipping charges will not be refunded.
– The shipping method for select 12 Bottle Cases or other items with Free Shipping or Flat Rate Shipping promos that we occasionally run is via UPS, depending on the destination; Express shipping will require an additional charge.
– All purchases by California residents are subject to California sales tax of 8.375%. All orders shipping into the State of New Hampshire will be taxed an additional 8%, per New Hampshire requirements. All orders shipping into the State of Wyoming will be taxed an additional 12%, per Wyoming requirements. All orders shipping into the State of Washington will be taxed an additional 8.9%, per Washington requirements.
– For wines that are ten years old or older (industry standard being five years old or older), it is the policy of HamilcarImports.com that these wines are purchased at the buyer’s risk.
– Should any product be damaged during shipping, please email us so we can pursue a claim with the shipping company. If you receive a bottle of wine that is off-condition, please contact our Customer Service department by email at Contact Us or call (510) 650-5320. Shipping charges are not refundable. We do not recommend ground delivery for products ordered. This is because of the potential heat exposure during warm weather conditions and extreme cold during the winter months. We cannot be held responsible for damaged products due to the selection of ground delivery for your order. We strongly urge you to consider the effect of weather conditions when selecting a shipping method. If you notify us that you would like your order to be put on hold until temperature conditions are more suitable for shipping, we will do so at no additional cost.
Buying and Shipping Alcoholic Beverages
When purchasing alcoholic beverages, the buyer acknowledges that he/she is acting within compliance with all their state and local laws in regards to the purchase, transportation and delivery of wine/spirits/beer. The purchaser acknowledges that he/she is legally entitled to take possession of wine/spirits/beer, that they have obtained any required permission, paid any required fees or sales tax within their state and is working through properly licensed intermediaries (where required). All wine/spirits/beer sold are sold in California, the title passes to the buyer in California. Hamilcar Imports is not responsible for the importation of wine/spirits/beer into any state outside of California. The buyer is responsible for the shipments of wine/spirits/beer outside of California.
Returns & Replacements
Although we are usually able to ship your order on the same day, occasionally, demand for limited supplies will deplete our stock of a particular wine. If this is the case, the item will be placed on backorder and we will notify you via e-mail. If you would like to receive the item when it becomes available, your credit card will be charged for the item only when it is shipped. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver shall be refunded for the amount of the product ONLY. The shipping charges will not be refunded.
Coupon Code Terms
– Coupon Code cannot be used with any other coupons, promos, or free shipping.
– Coupon codes are good for one-time use only.
– Coupons valid on select wines only.
– Coupon Code cannot be used to purchase rare vintage wines or rare cellar wines.
– Promo codes do not apply to items with prices ending in 5 or 7 (i.e. $9.95 or $9.97). Please note: if the discount is applied when placing your online order we will manually remove the discount and resend an updated invoice via e-mail.
– Coupon Code cannot be used for previous orders or orders in progress.
We are not liable for damages to orders due to weather conditions during shipping. Potential heat exposure during warm weather conditions and extreme cold during the winter months may damage items during shipping. As we cannot be held responsible for damaged products due to weather, we strongly recommend that you select an Express shipping method to reduce time in transit – we can also hold your order until weather conditions improve at no additional cost if you make a note of that in the Order Comments during checkout.
Deliveries that contain alcohol REQUIRE an adult signature. You must be 21 or older to purchase and accept delivery.
We cannot ship to PO Boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or internationally. Shipping fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
There is an additional charge to re-route orders already in transit.
Some items are removed from their original packaging and placed in protective shipping containers to ensure safe delivery.
While we do our best to ship orders the day they are placed, the demand for limited supplies will occasionally deplete our stock of a particular product. In this case, it will generally take an additional 1-2 business days to receive the product and fulfill the order.
All shipping times are estimates as most carriers have suspended their service guarantees until further notice, shipping time does not include the time it may take to fulfill the order for shipment.
PLEASE NOTE: All our product listings are updated manually by hand, and as such if there occurs a mistakenly priced or described item, we shall maintain the right to refund or cancel orders placed at the incorrect price or description.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to refunds and returns.